Notes before we start
- Nothing beats your own experience with these tools; try it here: https://chat.openai.com/
- “Prompt” is the text you put in the chat. “Prompt Engineering” is a fancy word for tweaking this text so it gets you what you want (or more).
- English is usually better than your other language
- Is is a reasoning engine, not a knowledge base!
- Do not put there your secret data, it already leaked
- The more you know about the topic, the better value you get, especially because you can spot the lies
- And yes, it lies. Critical thinking is a must.
ChatGPT for students
Using the Socratic method
Try this as the prompt with your subject/topic:
I am interested in learning about [subject/topic], with a focus on challenging my preconceived notions and developing a deep understanding. To facilitate this process, please engage me in a Socratic dialogue by asking thought-provoking questions, presenting alternative viewpoints, and encouraging critical thinking about key concepts, principles, and applications. Additionally, help me identify any misconceptions or gaps in my knowledge, and guide me in refining my understanding through iterative questioning and reflection.
The funny thing is that I created this prompt by using this Mother Prompt.
Personal learning paths
Comparing seemingly unrelated ideas
ChatGPT for teachers and L&D specialists
And other promo materials.
Blank paper is hell.
From notes to proposal
Filling the forms
From audio to text